Thursday, April 1, 2010

Painting Pots is Fun




Yes, it really is fun... I think this is a hibiscus flower but it was never really suppose to be...just sorta happened that way. That's the fun part! You sit down not knowing what to paint and magic happens!! The best part about this craft is that it is really cheap and can be done anytime!

By the way, this is Emily... I'm the creative art person in the family, Anna on the other hand enjoys to crochet...and I am not making fun of her, I like her crochet's...especially if they are something fashionable for me to wear! Did anyone notice the twilight books in the background =]

Things I needed to paint this pot!
1. a pot (what a surprise)...I got this pot for $1.20 at Michael's....if you didn't know, Michael's is my all time favorite store in the world =]
2. acrylic paints...most people will tell you that you need special pottery paints, you don't (see #3)
3. clear pottery paint, yes all you need is this one tube, it is pointless to buy pottery colors of paints you already have at home, I just put two coats of this clear paint over my dry paint, works just as well. FWI, if you don't put this on and go to water whatever is planted inside, the paint will get wet an may come off, so I recommend it.

2 comments:

  1. lol...you put soo many exclamation points at the beginning. =]But, I respect your enthusiasm

    ReplyDelete